Debra Goostrey - Partner – ATEA Consulting
For over thirty years I have worked across multiple industry sectors to deliver outcomes that improved the lives of people, grow the businesses in which they work and the strengthened communities in which they live.
The privilege of creating opportunities for all Western Australians has been my driving force for thirty years and over the last decade I have worked to unpack, and improve, the complex issue of housing affordability in my role as Chief Executive Officer of the Urban Development Institute of Australia in Western Australia.
I have served on a range of boards including as Chair of the Curtin University Advisory Board for the School of Economics and Finance, and I am currently a member of the State Government’s Training Accreditation Council. My background continues to deliver insight into the difference that solid foundations in housing, education and cultural stability make in the lives of young people and those seeking to improve their situation. It is this commitment to delivering better outcomes that drives my work ethic, whether that be through delivery of high-level analytical reports for, or face-to-face discussions to ensure that the real needs of individuals are captured and considered in decision making.
Nearly two decades in Senior Executive positions and a multi-faceted background that includes primary industries, freight logistics, superannuation as well as property and training, enables me to consider complex issues from different perspectives and emerge with innovative solutions that can be accepted by diverse stakeholders so progress can be realised.
Links and Presentations
- Senior Partner ATEA Consulting
- Group Manager - Vertical Villages and Partnerships NLV
- CEO Urban Development Institute of Australia (WA)
- CEO Transport Forum
- Executive Director Transport and Storage Industry Training Council
- Executive Director Science Teachers Association
- Executive Director North East Region Training Association
- Executive Director Forest Industries Training Council
- Executive Director SA Association of TAFE College Councils
Committees and Boards - Current
- Member, Training Accreditation Council.
Committees and Boards - Historical
- Former Chair and member, Curtin University Advisory Board: School of Economics and Finance.
- Governor’s appointee, Land Surveyors Licensing Board.
- Member, National Transport Commission Industry Advisory Group.
- Member, Housing Industry Forecasting Group.
- Member, Ministerial Taskforce on Housing Affordability.
- Member, Western Power Strategic Reference Group.
- Member, Federal Ministerial Working Party on National Wildlife Corridors.
- Trustee Director TWU Super (a multi-billion-dollar superannuation fund).
- Member, Department for Planning and Infrastructure Port Operations Task Force.
- State Secretary, Australian Road Transport Industrial Organisation (ARTIO)
- State Representative, ARTIO National Council.
- Member, Road Transport Contract Determination Taskforce.
- Member, Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Review Committee.
- Member, Ministerial Taskforce on Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
- Member, Workplace Language and Literacy Contractor Selection Panel (DEST).
- Member, Learnscope Tender Selection Panel (WA Department of Training).
- Chair, Kimberley Industry Road Safety Alliance